4 Year College Application Essentials
To be eligible to apply to a 4-year university directly from high school, a student must receive a "C" or higher grade in all a-g courses, to meet the minimum college admission requirement.
UC/CSU a-g requirements for 4-year College Admission Eligibility
Unofficial: Download your unofficial transcript by logging into Aeries, selecting 'Grades', 'Transcript', and 'Print' and save your document as a pdf.
Official: Request from MBHS or send to a College
- To request an official transcript, simply stop by the MBHS Registrar's Office before school, at nutrition/lunch, or after school. The Registrar, Mrs. Rachelle Paris, will prepare your transcript immediately at no charge for current students. Official transcripts will not be mailed out. Please bring stamps if you need official transcripts mailed out the same day.
- CaliforniaColleges.edu official transcript link to CalStateApply and CCCApply (Cuesta) - click here for more information on how to link your CaliforniaColleges.edu account to your CSU or CCC (Cuesta) application for the purpose of automatically populating your MBHS official transcript... it's as easy as 1-2-3!
- Common Application official transcripts will be submitted by your Counselor as part of the Initial and Mid-Year School Report.
- NCAA and NAIA official transcript requests will automatically be uploaded directly to the High School Portal by the Registrar, Mrs. Rachelle Paris.
MBHS School Code (CEEB & SAT): 052061
The school code is used on scholarship and college applications
- Getting Your State Student ID number (SSID): Login to your student Aeries portal. From the Student Info dropdown click Profile. In the grey bar to the right of your Name, click General. In the dropdown box your 10-digit State Student ID is located directly under your Student ID (which is directly under your Name).
- UC Personal Insight Question Tutorial
- Letter of Recommendation
- CTE Pathways
COLLEGE APPLICATION WEBSITES:
Students applying to the following colleges, go to:
- California Colleges >college tab> California State University application
- How to link to CSU application
- Pre-populates academic history from the students transcript
- Watch this brief video to articulate between CSU Apply and CaliforniaColleges.edu
- California Colleges >college tab> University of California application
- California Colleges >college tab> The Common Application
- QuestBridge: National College Match Through this college and scholarship application process, you can apply for free to the nation’s best colleges and be considered for early admission and a full four-year scholarship from the college.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) - Click Here
College Application STEPS
College Application Deadlines:
- Both the UC and CSU application deadline is NOVEMBER 30
- Private University application deadlines vary, please check schools website
College Essays and UC Personal Statement
- Click here for helpful tools and hints to writing a successful personal statement
SAT/ ACT Test Scores
- Remember to release your SAT or ACT scores to the schools planning to apply to for the following fall term. Go to College Admissions Testing Tab for answers
CSF Application for Second Semester - Due February 4, 2022
**Click on the link above, download the application and open it for a fillable version. Once you've filled out the form, make sure to save it.**
*Freshman grades do not count - do not apply until the second semester of your Sophomore year*
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a statewide non-monetary scholarship society founded in 1921 to recognize academic achievement. Membership is not automatic. All eligible students (10th-12th grade) must apply during the enrollment period. The enrollment period is the first four weeks of each semester.The goal of every CSF member is to be designated a seal bearer/life member. A seal bearer can receive a gold seal on their diploma, and receive the official life membership pin. In order to earn this honor, a student must be eligible and apply for membership four out of the last six semesters. One of the last four semesters must be from the senior year.
GENERAL COLLEGE RESOURCES:
Interesting Article Related to College:
- Best College Degrees
- Learn How To Become Guide
- Education in Psychology and colleges
- Education in Business and colleges
- Online Colleges
- Cappex - Find Colleges and Scholarships
- Petersons - Guide to College Information
- College Week Live