The Theater Arts program at Morro Bay High School strives to create a space for students to explore their creative and artistic selves through theatrical expression and production. The Arts are an integral part of education and serve as a great complement to core instruction areas, especially literacy. With this in mind, the objectives of the program are as follows:
- Introduce students to various forms of theater such as plays, musical theater, comedy troupes, contemporary styles, cabarets, etc.
- Provide ample training in acting, singing, choreography, public speaking, and improvisation
- Familiarize all students with basic aspects of technical theater and integrate an advanced technical theater program
- Expose students to professional processes of audition, casting, and production to ensure career readiness after graduation
- Offer the opportunity of performance in a safe environment both on small and large stages
- Develop a culture of high expectations and standards that is implemented and maintained through peer leadership Instill a love of the arts in students and maximize art’s potential to positively affect students' lives in the most fun way