Google for Students & Guardians
Welcome to your Student SLCUSD Google Account!
Step 1: Log-in to Google by opening up your browser (we recommend Chrome) and going here: http://www.google.com/
Step 2: Click the blue Sign In button on the top right of your screen.
What is my username and Password?
- User Name: The same one you use to log in to our school computers followed by @student.slcusd.org
like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your 8 character password you use at school .
You will now have access to Google Apps such as: Drive, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.
Please note! This account is a managed account by SLCUSD. Your account is only open to other SLCUSD students and teachers.
Welcome to Google Classroom for Guardians:
As a guardian, you can receive email summaries showing your student’s progress in classroom!
You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations.
You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- They can send it to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept. If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- Click Accept again.
When you accept an invitation, you, your student, and the person who invited you (the teacher or administrator) receives an email confirmation.
Mrs. Burrus is available Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. in room 508 for students and parents who need assistance with Google email, Google Classroom, and other Google Apps.