New Student Enrollment Instructions
Hello and Welcome to Morro Bay High School!
The following instructions are enrollment requirements for Morro Bay High School. Enrollment meetings are available during the Registrar's Office Hours listed below. After enrollment documents are received by the Registrar, the Counseling Secretary will schedule an appointment with your Counselor to register for classes. Please be sure to call your previous school and complete the "checkout process" before your enrollment meeting at MBHS.
If you are unsure if your address is within our school boundary, CLICK HERE to verify.
- RESIDENCE VERIFICATION (2 items from 2 separate categories below are needed):
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
- Pay stub
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the student's parent/guardian (Spanish affidavit)
- If the student is an unaccompanied youth, a declaration or residency executed by the student
- If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552 (cf. 5141 – Health Care and Emergencies) (Spanish affidavit)
- 2019-2020 ENROLLMENT FORMS (Spanish) OR 2020-2021 PRE-ENROLLMENT FORMS
- IMMUNIZATIONS: Official documentation showing up-to-date immunizations. A student cannot be enrolled without his/her immunization record.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT/VISA
- TRANSCRIPT: High school transcript showing the record of classes the student has completed since beginning high school. If the student is beginning the 9th grade, please bring a copy of his/her last report card.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION: If the student has had special education services, please bring a copy of the current or most recent IEP and Triennial Assessment Report.
- Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit - if the student is living with a friend or relative (not legal guardian).
- Foster Parents, please bring copy of the Agreement between the foster parent(s) and the foster family agency.
- Copy of Custody Agreement, if applicable.
- Confidential Student Health Information for School Nurse : If your student has a health concern or is currently taking medication, please complete this form and return it along with your other enrollment documentation.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENTS
MONDAY - FRIDAY
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Other New Student Information:
- ASB Webstore - Click here to purchase ASB emblem, activity passes, and more...
- Bus Passes & Routes - Find bus routes and purchase bus passes
- Food Services - Check out our cafeteria menu, pay for meals, or sign up for free & reduced meals
- Athletic Contract - Required for students interested in playing a sport at MBHS
- Coastal Family Resources - Meet our Bilingual Family Advocate, Rocio Hernandez
Rachelle Paris, MBHS Registrar
Phone: (805) 771-1845 ext 32903
Fax: (805) 772-5944