AP Exam Schedule
Checking Grades in PowerSchool
PowerSchool is a great tool for the student and parent to monitor academic progress, contact teachers through email, viewing attendance, and tardies. You may also download the free PowerSchool app from any internet-connected device (District code: WHLR).
To check grades:
- Click the grade in blue font
- One will see a list of assignments with a grade received
To contact a teacher:
- Click the teacher's name in blue font
- The teacher's email will appear and you may send an email to the teacher regarding any questions or concerns
It is encouraged that both student and parent set time aside weekly to review grades and assignments on PowerSchool to help towards academic success.
Contact the Registrar to set up a new parent PowerSchool account at 805-771-1845 x32903 or by email.
MBHS Transcript Requests
- Official/Unofficial Transcripts - See Enrollment & Records.
- Common Application official transcripts will be submitted by your Counselor as part of the Initial and Mid-Year School Report.
- NCAA and NAIA official transcript requests will automatically be uploaded directly to the High School Portal by the Registrar.
Resources available for those in need are provided by:
Contact your MBHS Counselor to be connected with these community resources.
Student Assistant Programs (SAP)
Voice Through Movement
Is a six week voluntary program exploring, identifying and connecting art with integrative movement. The program focuses on how to decrease one's anxiety and stressors that we endure daily. Studies show that if our personal stressors are not managed in a positive manner, consequences of our personal mental and physical health begin to have side effects.
VTM participants will create two art pieces over the six weeks. Two sessions are about creative expression and self-exploration to discover insightful conclusions about themselves. The other four sessions, will unfold wellness movement related to mindfulness, meditation and yoga. The program is for the participant to develop self-insight using healthy kinetic tools to approach life’s journey in a calmer manner.
Sessions are conducted by MBHS Counselor and Dance Director, Elena Smith
Program established in 2015
Summer Enrichment Programs
Take advantage of summer opportunities
- Camp Kesem - is a unique resource provided by Cal Poly. It is a camp offered to young people whose parents have been diagnosed with cancer. It is open to 30 campers throughout the area. The camp is offered free of charge, and is open to any 6-18 year old who has, or had had, a parent or primary caregiver with cancer. Click here for information and to apply.
- Outside Now - youth connecting with nature. Click here for information.
- EPIC - Engineering Possibilities in College - is a one-week summer camp at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo that introduces campers to the varied fields of engineering through hands-on labs taught by university professors and industry professionals. EPIC provides an opportunity for campers to experience life on a university campus and meet others who share their interests. Click here
- Chicano Latina Youth Leadership Project, Inc. - CLYLP offers several regional institutes throughout California to actively engage students in their nearby communities. The program is aimed at enhancing leadership skills, academic preparation, self-esteem, and cultural awareness of young people. Click here
- Otis Summer of ART - experience a summer program of art and design. Geared for the serious youth artists seeking to strengthen and enhance their art and design skills, as well as students with limited art training, are invited to participate. Click here
- SLO Rep Theatre - offers theatre summer camps. Click here for information
Fitness and Health
Everyone knows that regular exercise is good for the body. But exercise is also one of the most effective ways to improve your mental health.
- Staying physically healthy is essential to one's lifestyle. Click here to see activities and camps for youth to maintain a positive outlet in your community.
Visit the Counseling Secretary's Office to get a list of current tutors.