Register for Classes
Incoming 9th Grade Registration (links are now open):
- The following students should only fill out the Fillable Class Registration Form: Cayucos students planning to attend MBHS and new students who have moved to the area and are planning to attend MBHS. You will need to download the Registration Form and save it with your student name. Then please send the form to the Counseling Secretary, Beth Sayler: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL GRADE LEVELS - Before registering for your MBHS classes be sure to use the following items as a reference in helping to select the appropriate classes for fall:
- Check A-G eligibility by clicking A-G College Pathway
- See the CTE Pathways by clicking Career and College Pathways
- Use the COURSE OFFERING HANDBOOK to read details about course and prerequisites:
Grade level course offerings for 2020-2021 sheets
Begin registering online (current SLCUSD students only):
- Log-in to PowerSchool here.
- Click "Class Registration"
- Click the pencil on the far right and begin selecting English, Social Science, Math, etc.
- Complete through line 12.
- Click "A" and "B" for year long courses
- If you do not want a zero period click the pencil and select "unscheduled".
- Select alternate courses. This is important if your first choice courses are unavailable or do not work in your schedule for fall/spring.
Only 11th and 12th graders receive a free period by one of the following:
- Taking a Cuesta Enrichment course
- An approved online course
- Enroll in a zero period
- Enroll in a 7th period athletic, work experience, or choir class
- All grades 9-12 must be enrolled in a total of six classes
Register for MBHS Summer School
Summer School is a great way to make up courses or get a head start on your academic plan!
Due to our Covid - 19 situation, SLCUSD will be holding all Summer classes online through Apex, without attendance requirements. Registration for 2020 Summer School is now open. Complete application via Parent Square by June 2, 2020. Confirmation phone calls and emails to Parents/Guardians will go out by June 4, 2020. Questions If you have questions email the summer school office at: email@example.com.
- Summer School Application (current students)
- Out of District students send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Summer School application
- 2020 Summer School Course Offerings (English)
- 2020 Summer School Course Offerings (Spanish)
Register for Cuesta Enrichment
Talk to your MBHS counselor before signing up to take an enrichment courses at Cuesta College
The Enrichment Program is available to high school students grades 9-12, who would benefit from "advanced scholastic" or "vocational" college coursework offered at any Cuesta College campus. Qualified students must complete both the high school approval process and Cuesta’s Enrichment admission process to register for Cuesta College courses. To apply, visit www.cuesta.edu.
Need help applying to Cuesta or registering for a class? Schedule an appointment with Mrs. Dexter for one-on-one help. Walk-in appointments are available during break, lunch or after school. Mrs. Dexter’s schedule: MBHS: Mondays, and every other Tuesday| EMAIL: (email@example.com)
To begin the process:
1. Apply to Cuesta College
- Click here for help on how to apply: High School Enrichment Instructions
- Once you apply, you as the student will receive a welcome email with your myCuesta account username, a temporary password (that you will be directed to reset) and a Cuesta ID#.
2. Find the course(s) that you plan to register for in the Class Finder Link. It is important that you check with your high school counselor first, to ensure that the course(s) you'd like to take at Cuesta will help you achieve your intended goal.
3. Fill out the Cuesta College High School Permit to Enroll form (this one is fillable) and obtain your parent/ guardian and counselor signature.
- Special Note: If you are planning to take a math or English course, OR this is your first time taking a course at Cuesta College, you must complete the Online Enrichment Orientation BEFORE registering for the course.
- Turn the Permit to Enroll (and the Certification of Completion if requesting English or Math course, OR you are a first time Cuesta College student) to your counselor to be sent to Cuesta College for processing.
4. Register for your class(es). Processing can take 5-7 business days after you've submitted your paperwork. Keep checking on your registration status by logging in to your myCuesta portal
- If you are waitlisted for the class, you must check back in to your portal daily. Cuesta gives students 24 hours to claim a spot should one open up in their desired class. Read HERE for more information about the waitlist.
5. When you complete the course, be sure to request that Cuesta send an official transcript to MBHS Registrar to update your high school transcript. This step is only required if the Cuesta course was taken to fulfill one of your MBHS graduation requirements.
- Click here: How to order an official Cuesta Transcript