Register for Classes
Incoming 9th Grade Registration (links are now open):
- The following students should only fill out the Fillable Class Registration Form: Cayucos students planning to attend MBHS and new students who have moved to the area and are planning to attend MBHS. You will need to download the Registration Form and save it with your student name. Then please send the form to the Counseling Secretary, Beth Sayler: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL GRADE LEVELS - Before registering for your MBHS classes be sure to use the following items as a reference in helping to select the appropriate classes for fall:
- Check A-G eligibility by clicking A-G College Pathway
- See the CTE Pathways by clicking Career and College Pathways (Please note: Dev Child Psych was only offered during the 19-20 school year as a dual enrolled course.)
- Use the COURSE OFFERING HANDBOOK to read details about course and prerequisites:
Grade level course offerings for 2020-2021 sheets
Only 11th and 12th graders receive a free period by one of the following:
- Taking a Cuesta Enrichment course
- An approved online course
- Enroll in a zero period
- Enroll in a 7th period athletic, work experience, or choir class
- All grades 9-12 must be enrolled in a total of six classes
Cuesta College High School Enrichment
The Enrichment Program is available to high school students grades 9-12, who would benefit from "advanced scholastic" or "vocational" college coursework offered at any Cuesta College campus. Qualified students must complete these High School Enrichment Enrollment Steps to register for a class with Cuesta College.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, talk to your MBHS counselor about taking an Enrichment Course at Cuesta College.
Enrichment students are restricted from registering in designated courses with age restrictions: https://www.cuesta.edu/admissionsaid/apply/studenttype/dualenroll.html
- If you are waitlisted for a class, you must check back in to your portal daily to determine if a spot has opened. Cuesta gives students 24 hours to claim a spot should one open up. Read HERE for more information about the waitlist.
Other important information:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Spring semester classes will be fully online. Difficult-to-convert labs, activity, and performance courses will include face-to-face instruction on campus with strict safety and hygiene protocols. Details posted in Class Finder and Course Welcome Letters.
- Synchronous: Online courses, identified as SLEC or SLAB in Class Finder, require participation on specified days and times. Instructor will guide student through course activities just as if attending in-person. Students will need to obtain an approved Schedule Conflict Petition to enroll in overlapping classes.
- Asynchronous: Online courses, identified as DLEC or DLAB in Class Finder, which students work at their own pace to complete course tasks by assigned deadlines; students are not required to be online at a given time, though are expected to regularly log into their courses.
NEED HELP? Contact Mrs. Dexter for one-on-one help. You can either email her: email@example.com or request a Zoom appointment (here's how to request a Zoom meeting). Please give 24 hours notice to all Zoom appointment requests. Appointments are available between the hours of 12pm - 3:30pm, Monday- Thursday.
ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS: After you've completed the Cuesta course(s), request that Cuesta send an official transcript to MBHS Registrar to update your high school transcript. This step is only required if the Cuesta course was taken to fulfill an MBHS graduation requirement.
- Click here: Cuesta College Transcript Ordering Overview
- Choose option "Order Electronic/PDF Transcript"
- Enter the MBHS Registrar's email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Recipient(s)" portion of the form.