Register for Classes
Incoming 9th Grade Registration (links are now open):
- The following students should only fill out the Fillable Class Registration Form: Cayucos students planning to attend MBHS and new students who have moved to the area and are planning to attend MBHS. You will need to download the Registration Form and save it with your student name. Then please send the form to the Counseling Secretary, Beth Sayler: email@example.com
ALL GRADE LEVELS - Before registering for your MBHS classes be sure to use the following items as a reference in helping to select the appropriate classes for fall:
- Check A-G eligibility by clicking A-G College Pathway
- See the CTE Pathways by clicking Career and College Pathways
- Use the COURSE OFFERING HANDBOOK to read details about course and prerequisites:
Grade level course offerings for 2020-2021 sheets
Only 11th and 12th graders receive a free period by one of the following:
- Taking a Cuesta Enrichment course
- An approved online course
- Enroll in a zero period
- Enroll in a 7th period athletic, work experience, or choir class
- All grades 9-12 must be enrolled in a total of six classes
Cuesta College High School Enrichment
The Enrichment Program is available to high school students grades 9-12, who would benefit from "advanced scholastic" or "vocational" college coursework offered at any Cuesta College campus. Qualified students must complete BOTH the high school approval process and Cuesta’s Enrichment admission process to register for a course at Cuesta. To apply, visit Cuesta's website.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS, talk to your MBHS counselor about taking an enrichment course at Cuesta College.
|TERM:||TERM DATES:||APPLY ONLINE BEGINNING:||When can I view available courses?||ENRICHMENT STUDENTS REGISTRATION DATES:|
|Fall 2020:||(Aug 17-Dec 18)||Apply Online TODAY||Courses still available||NOW|
|Spring 2021:||(Jan 19-May 21)||Oct 1, 2020||Oct 30, 2020||TBD (early Dec)|
|Summer 2021:||(Jun 16-Jul 24)||Apr 1, 2021||Mar 26, 2021||TBD (end of April)|
|Fall 2021:||(Aug 17-Dec 18)||Oct 1, 2020||Mar 26, 2021||TBD (end of May)|
The Enrichment Program is available to high school students grades 9-12, who would benefit from scholastic advancement or vocational skills development offered by Cuesta College. Students must obtain approval from their high school, and complete Cuesta’s Enrichment admission process (ALL FIRST TIME ENRICHMENT students must also complete an Orientation) to register for Cuesta College courses.
1. Apply to Cuesta College
- Click here for help on how to apply: High School Enrichment Instructions
- Once you apply, you as the student will receive a welcome email with your myCuesta account username, a temporary password (that you will be directed to reset) and a Cuesta ID#.
2. Find the course(s) that you plan to register for in the Class Finder Link. It is important that you check with your high school counselor first, to ensure that the course(s) you'd like to take at Cuesta will help you achieve your intended goal.
3. Fill out the Cuesta College High School Permit to Enroll form (this one is fillable) and obtain your parent/ guardian and counselor signature.
- Special Note: If you are planning to take a math or English course, OR this is your first time taking a course at Cuesta College, you must complete the Online Enrichment Orientation BEFORE registering for the course.
- Turn the Permit to Enroll (and the Certification of Completion if requesting English or Math course, OR you are a first time Cuesta College student) to your counselor to be sent to Cuesta College for processing.
4. Register for your class(es). Processing can take 5-7 business days after you've submitted your request. Keep checking on your registration status by logging in to your myCuesta portal.
- If you are waitlisted for the class, you must check back in to your portal daily. Cuesta gives students 24 hours to claim a spot should one open up in their desired class. Read HERE for more information about the waitlist.
5. When you complete the course, be sure to request that Cuesta send an official transcript to MBHS Registrar to update your high school transcript. This step is only required if the Cuesta course was taken to fulfill one of your MBHS graduation requirements.
- Click here: Cuesta College Transcript Ordering Overview
- Choose option "Order Electronic/PDF Transcript"
- Enter the MBHS Registrar's email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Recipient(s)" portion of the form.
NEED HELP? Contact Mrs. Allyson Dexter for one-on-one help. You can either email her: email@example.com or request a Zoom appointment (here's how to request a Zoom meeting). Please give 24 hours notice to all Zoom appointment requests. Appointments are available between the hours of 12pm - 3:30pm, Monday- Thursday.