Register for Classes
Incoming 9th Grade Registration (links coming soon on April 14th):
- Incoming 9th Grade Video Presentation & Instructions
- Incoming 9th Grade Presentation
- 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- The following students should only fill out the Fillable Class Registration Form: Cayucos students planning to attend MBHS and new students who have moved to the area and are planning to attend MBHS. Please send form to the Counseling Secretary, Beth Sayler: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL GRADE LEVELS - Before registering for your MBHS classes be sure to use the following items as a reference in helping to select the appropriate classes for fall:
- Check A-G eligibility by clicking A-G College Pathway
- See the CTE Pathways by clicking Career and College Pathways
- Use the COURSE OFFERING HANDBOOK to read details about course and prerequisites:
Begin registering online (current SLCUSD students only):
- Log-in to PowerSchool here.
- Click "Class Registration"
- Click the pencil on the far right and begin selecting English, Social Science, Math, etc.
- Complete through line 12.
- Click "A" and "B" for year long courses
- If you do not want a zero period click the pencil and select "unscheduled".
- Select alternate courses. This is important if your first choice courses are unavailable or do not work in your schedule for fall/spring.
Only 11th and 12th graders receive a free period by one of the following:
- Taking a Cuesta Enrichment course
- An approved online course
- Enroll in a zero period
- Enroll in a 7th period athletic, work experience, or choir class
- All grades 9-12 must be enrolled in a total of six classes
Register for MBHS Summer School
Summer School is a great way to make up courses or get a head start on your academic plan!
Summer School Registration begins in May 2020.
Register for Cuesta Enrichment
Talk to your MBHS counselor about taking enrichment courses at Cuesta College
The Enrichment Program is available to high school students grades 9-12, who would benefit from "advanced scholastic" or "vocational" college coursework offered at any Cuesta College campus. Qualified students must complete both the high school approval process and Cuesta’s Enrichment admission process to register for Cuesta College courses. To apply, visit www.cuesta.edu.
Need help applying to Cuesta or registering for a class? Schedule an appointment with Mrs. Dexter for one-on-one help. Walk-in appointments are available during break, lunch or after school. Mrs. Dexter’s schedule: MBHS: Mondays, and every other Tuesday| EMAIL: (email@example.com)
To begin the process:
1. Apply to Cuesta College
- Click here for help on how to apply: High School Enrichment Instructions
- Once you apply, you as the student will receive a welcome email with your myCuesta account username, a temporary password (that you will be directed to reset) and a Cuesta ID#.
2. Find the course(s) that you plan to register for in the Class Finder Link
3. Fill out the Cuesta College High School Permit to Enroll form (this one is fillable) and obtain your parent/ guardian and counselor signature.
- Special Note: If you are planning to take a math or English course, students must complete the Online Orientation BEFORE registering for the course. Once completed, print out the Certificate of Completion to prove that the orientation was done.
- Turn the Permit to Enroll (and the Certification of Completion if requesting an English or Math course) into the Counseling Secretaries Office to be faxed to Cuesta College.
4. Register for the course by logging in to your myCuesta portal
5. When you complete the course, be sure to request that Cuesta send an official transcript to MBHS Registrar to update your high school transcript. This step is only required if the Cuesta course was taken to fulfill one of your MBHS graduation requirements.
- Click here: How to order an official Cuesta Transcript