To be eligible to apply to a 4-year university directly from high school, a student must receive a "C" or higher grade in all a-g courses, to meet the minimum college admission requirement.
- UC/CSU a-g requirements for 4-year College Admission Eligibility
The following links gives a calendar checklist by grade level for students to start planning their future.
College Application Websites:
Students applying to the following colleges, go to:
- californiacolleges.edu >college tab> California State University application
- californiacolleges.edu >college tab> The Common Application
- californiacolleges.edu >college tab> University of California application
- QuestBridge: National College Match Through this college and scholarship application process, you can apply for free to the nation’s best colleges and be considered for early admission and a full four-year scholarship from the college.
California Colleges Pathway to CSU Application:
- Links student to CSU application
- Pre-populates academic history from the students transcript
- Watch this brief video to articulate between CSU Apply and CaliforniaColleges.edu
- Click HERE to learn more about your student CaliforniaColleges.edu account
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) - Click Here
College Application STEPS
Letter of Recommendation:
- Letter of Recommendations will be needed to complete Common Application (private universities) and Scholarship Applications
- Personal Resume Form
College Application Deadlines:
- Both the UC and CSU application deadline is NOVEMBER 30
- Private University application deadlines vary, please check schools website
College Essays and UC Personal Statement
- Click here for helpful tools and hints to writing a successful personal statement
MBHS School Code (CEEB & SAT): 052061
Getting Your State Student ID number (SSID): Login to your student Aeries portal. From the Student Info dropdown click Profile. In the grey bar to the right of your Name, click General. In the dropdown box your 10-digit State Student ID is located directly under your Student ID (which is directly under your Name).
SAT/ ACT Test Scores
- Remember to release your SAT or ACT scores to the schools planning to apply to for the following fall term. Go to College Admissions Testing Tab for answers
Requesting an Official Transcript from MBHS or sending to a College
- To request an official or unofficial transcript, simply stop by the MBHS Registrar's Office before school, at nutrition/lunch, or after school. The Registrar, Mrs. Rachelle Paris, will prepare your transcript immediately at no charge for current students. Official transcripts will not be mailed out. Please bring stamps if you need official transcripts mailed out the same day.
Cuesta College, our local community college, offers classes at their main campus in San Luis Obispo, the North County Campus in Paso Robles, and the South County Center in Arroyo Grande. MBHS students have the opportunity to take courses while in high school and enroll in Cuesta full-time following high school graduation. Cuesta offers a variety of instructional programs; from lower division academic transfer courses, career technical education courses, short courses, distance education (online), to day and evening classes.
The Cuesta College Promise is a scholarship program available to all San Luis Obispo County high school graduates. The Promise offers all local graduates—who come straight to Cuesta following their graduation—two years of attendance fee-free (two consecutive fall and spring semesters).
- To qualify for the Promise, follow each of THESE steps by their designated deadlines.
APPLYING TO CUESTA:
MBHS Cuesta Liaison Counselor and College & Career Specialist meet with Seniors in English classes to complete the first step in The Cuesta Promise application process. Regardless what a students post high school plans are, MBHS encourages ALL Seniors to complete The Cuesta Promise application process, so that everyone has the option of 2 years of fee-free education.
This section will be updated as information becomes available...
General College Resources:
Interesting Article Related to College:
- Best College Degrees
- Learn How To Become Guide
- Education in Psychology and colleges
- Education in Business and colleges
- Online Colleges
- Cappex - Find Colleges and Scholarships
- Petersons - Guide to College Information
- College Week Live