To be eligible to apply to a 4-year university directly from high school, a student must receive a "C" or higher grade in all a-g courses, to meet the minimum college admission requirement.
- UC/CSU a-g requirements for 4-year College Admission Eligibility
The following links gives a calendar checklist by grade level for students to start planning their future.
College Application Websites:
Click the following college links to begin your application/s:
CCGI Pathway to CSU Application:
- Links student to CSU application
- Pre-populates academic history from the students transcript
- Watch this brief video to articulate between calstateapply and CCGI.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) - Click Here
College Application STEPS
Letter of Recommendation:
- Letter of Recommendations will be needed to complete Common Application (private universities) and Scholarship Applications
- Resume Form
College Application Deadlines:
- Fall admissions for both UC and CSU are November 30
- Private University application deadlines vary, please check schools website
College Essays and UC Personal Statement
- Click here for helpful tools and hints to writing a successful personal statement
MBHS School Code (CEEB & SAT): 052061
Getting Your SIS Code: 10 digit code under your name in the student ID box on your transcript
Releasing Test Scores
- Remember to release your SAT or ACT scores to the schools planning to apply to for the following fall term. Go to College Admissions Testing Tab for answers
Requesting an Official Transcript from MBHS or sending to a College
- To request an official or unofficial transcript, simply stop by the MBHS Registrar's Office before school, at nutrition/lunch, or after school. The Registrar, Mrs. Rachelle Paris, will prepare your transcript immediately at no charge for current students. Official transcripts will not be mailed out. Please bring stamps if you need official transcripts mailed out the same day.
Senior Cuesta College Process:
- During the month of January counselors visit senior English classes to complete the Cuesta Application for the following fall
- The Cuesta Promise website
- Current seniors are eligible for TWO full years of free tuition Click here for the Cuesta Promise and General Scholarship Application
- To be eligible the student must complete the FASFA https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and the The Cuesta Promise form.
- Seniors will be required to the take the English and Math placement tests in spring
- Dates TBA
- Ways of being EXEMPT from taking the placement tests refer to your SBAC test results sent to you the summer before starting your senior year. If your test results read "READY" no assessment is needed to be taken.
- Complete the online orientation by logging onto your myCuesta account and proceed to the online orientation. The online orientation MUST BE COMPLETED in order to attend in-person orientation and registration field trip.
- Seniors are encouraged to attend the field-trip in late spring to Cuesta College. During this time the student will be able to work with Cuesta College Counselors regarding classes for fall
- Dates TBA
Registering for Fall Classes
- Will take place in late spring/summer
- Dates TBA on the Cuesta College website
General College Resources:
Interesting Article Related to College:
- Education in Psychology and colleges
- Education in Business and colleges
- Online Colleges
- Cappex - Find Colleges and Scholarships
- Petersons - Guide to College Information
- College Week Live