Improving college & career readiness and transition improves post-secondary success.
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) works to ensure that all 6th-12th grade students in California have access to a systematic baseline of guidance and support as they plan, prepare, and pay for post-secondary education and training.
What can you find on CCGI website:
4 Year Academic Planner
A-G college subjects requirements
Career Exploration & Career Technical Education (CTE)
It is very important that ALL students sign up for California Colleges (CCGI) student accounts!
ALL of our college applications will be launched from this platform, including Cuesta College.
Instructions to set up an account:
- Go to the CCGI login website: https://www.californiacolleges.edu/#/user-login
- In the Students box click Register Your Account
- In the first field, begin typing San Luis Coastal… a drop down will appear. Be sure to select San Luis Coastal Unified.
- In the next field, begin typing Morro Bay High School. A drop down menu will appear, select Morro Bay High School.
- Under the Student ID field, enter your School ID/Lunch ID number.
- The last field is date of birth; MM/DD/YYYY
- On the next page, click Sign Up with Google, enter your SLCUSD Gmail Account, then click NEXT
- Enter your SLCUSD password and click NEXT
Note: Once your account is set up, always use the Sign in with Google option to login.
MBHS Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs:
SLCUSD has a strong commitment to Career and College readiness. Our Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs have industry sector pathways with a sequence of course offerings that are partnered with industries to teach rigorous and relevant career readiness skills. The program articulates with Cuesta College through department collaboration and dual enrollment opportunities to further provide students the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners.
2018 Career and College Ready Student of the year:
Other Career Resources:
- Central Coast Apprenticeship Opportunities A union apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you like to work with your hands; are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years, depending on the trade you select; have dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team; want to earn a living wage and good benefits; and want the opportunity to advance in your career.