Registrar / Records
Hello and Welcome to Morro Bay High School!
The following instructions are enrollment requirements for Morro Bay High School. Enrollment "walk-in" meetings are available during the Registrar's Office Hours listed below. After enrollment documents are received by the Registrar, the Counseling Secretary will schedule an appointment with your Counselor to register for classes.
If you are unsure if your address is within our school boundary, CLICK HERE to verify.
- PRE-ENROLLMENT FORM: Please complete the Pre-Enrollment Form if you are completing Open Enrollment or pre-registering for the 2017-2018 school year. The 2016-2017 enrollment forms are available in the Registrar's office and may be completed at the enrollment meeting. If you prefer to have the forms mailed out in advance please email your mailing address to the Registrar.
- PARENT/GUARDIAN DECLARATION OF RESIDENCY FORM:
- RESIDENCE VERIFICATION (must provide 2 copies):
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
- Pay stub
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
- If the student is an unaccompanied youth as defined in 42 UCS 11434a, a declaration or residency executed by the student
- If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552 (cf. 5141 – Health Care and Emergencies)
- RESIDENCE VERIFICATION (must provide 2 copies):
- HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY FORM
- IMMUNIZATIONS: Official documentation showing up-to-date immunizations. A student cannot be enrolled without his/her immunization record. If you do not have a copy, please contact his/her previous school to obtain it. “Official Documentation” includes…California Immunization Records, out of state school records, Health Department Immunization Records, and signed physician’s records.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT
- TRANSCRIPT: High school transcript showing the record of classes the student has completed since beginning high school. If the student is beginning the 9th grade, please bring a copy of his/her last report card.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION: If the student has had special education services, please bring a copy of the current or most recent IEP and Triennial Assessment Report.
- Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit - if the student is living with a friend or relative (not legal guardian).
- Foster Parents, please bring copy of the Agreement between the foster parent(s) and the foster family agency.
- Copy of Custody Agreement, if applicable.
- Confidential Student Health Information for School Nurse : If your student has a health concern or is currently taking medication, please complete this form and return it along with your other enrollment documentation.
Other New Student Information:
- ASB Webstore - Click here to purchase yearbook, ASB emblem, activity passes, and more...
- Counseling Department - Meet our Counselors and view our Course Offerings Handbook
- Bus Passes & Routes - Find bus routes and purchase bus passes
- Food Services - Check out our cafeteria menu, pay for meals, or sign up for free & reduced meals
- Athletic Contract - Required for students interested in playing a sport at MBHS
- Coastal Family Resources - Meet our Bilingual Family Advocate, Rocio Hernandez
REGISTRAR'S OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY - FRIDAY
7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Moving or Transferring to Another School?
Parents are requested to give as much notice as possible, either written or verbal, to the Registrar with the expected "last day of attendance" as the first step in the checkout process.
If you are moving or transferring to another school during the school year, then your student will need to pick up a Checkout Card from the Registrar's office preferably two days before the last day of attendance (because of the block schedule). Over the last two days of school the student will take the checkout card to each class, return any books or "loaned" classroom equipment, and have the teacher sign off the current checkout grade. The student will also need to be cleared from the Library, Cafeteria, Athletics Department, and resolve any previous obligations with the ASB Account Clerk.
Once the student is cleared the Registrar will prepare all the necessary enrollment documents for the forwarding school, including current check out grades, unofficial transcript, immunization records, etc., in a sealed envelope.
If you are moving or transferring to another school over summer break, a Checkout Card is not required, however, it is still important to notify the Registrar either by email or phone at (805) 771-1845 ext. 2903.
Lockers and PE lockers should be cleaned out.
IMPORTANT: If your student is moving to a school outside of our District, then the student's SLCUSD account will be deactivated. The original items will no longer be accessible, even if placed in a personal account. It's very important to make a copy right away. Please follow these instructions.