PowerSchool is a great tool for the student and parent to monitor academic progress, contact teachers through email, viewing attendance, and tardies. You may also download the free PowerSchool app from any internet-connected device (District code: WHLR).
To check grades:
- Click the grade in blue font
- One will see a list of assignments with a grade received
To contact a teacher:
- Click the teacher's name in blue font
- The teacher's email will appear and you may send an email to the teacher regarding any questions or concerns
It is encouraged that both student and parent set time aside weekly to review grades and assignments on Power School to help towards academic success.
Visit the Counseling Secretary's Office to get a list of current tutors.
- Current Students - EMAIL the Registrar your official or unofficial transcript request. There is no fee for official transcripts for current students. Official transcripts will not be mailed out, but may be picked up in the Registrar's Office during office hours.
- Note: Common Application official transcripts will be submitted by your Counselor as part of the Initial and Mid-Year Report. Be sure to make a counseling appointment request if you are applying to colleges via Common Application. NCAA and NAIA official transcript requests will be uploaded directly to the High School Portal.
California Scholarship Federation
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a statewide scholarship society founded in 1921 to recognize academic achievement. Membership is not automatic. All eligible students must apply during the enrollment period. The enrollment period is the first four weeks of each semester.The goal of every CSF member is to be designated a seal bearer/life member. A seal bearer can receive a gold seal on their diploma, and wear the CSF gold sash at graduation. In order to earn this honor, a student must be eligible and apply for membership four out of the last six semesters. One of the last four semesters must be from the senior year (the grades from the 9th grade do not count).
Resources available for those in need are provided by:
MBHS Contact Staff: Ms. McAdon; email:email@example.com
Contact your MBHS Counselor to be connected with these community resources.
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
Take advantage of summer opportunities
- Camp Kesem - is a unique resource provided by Cal Poly. It is a camp offered to young people whose parents have been diagnosed with cancer. It is open to 30 campers throughout the area. The camp is offered free of charge, and is open to any 6-18 year old who has, or had had, a parent or primary caregiver with cancer. Click here for information and to apply.
- Outside Now - youth connecting with nature. Click here for information.
- EPIC - Engineering Possibilities in College - is a one-week summer camp at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo that introduces campers to the varied fields of engineering through hands-on labs taught by university professors and industry professionals. EPIC provides an opportunity for campers to experience life on a university campus and meet others who share their interests. Click here
- Chicano Latina Youth Leadership Project, Inc. - CLYLP offers several regional institutes throughout California to actively engage students in their nearby communities. The program is aimed at enhancing leadership skills, academic preparation, self-esteem, and cultural awareness of young people. Click here
- Otis Summer of ART - experience a summer program of art and design. Geared for the serious youth artists seeking to strengthen and enhance their art and design skills, as well as students with limited art training, are invited to participate. Click here
- SLO Rep Theatre - offers theatre summer camps. Click here for information
Fitness and Health
Everyone knows that regular exercise is good for the body. But exercise is also one of the most effective ways to improve your mental health.
- Staying physically healthy is essential to one's lifestyle. Click here to see activities and camps for youth to maintain a positive outlet in your community.