College Prep Pathways:
The counselors are in the classrooms three times a year to deliver important information to help students meet their educational goals. The following topics are covered by grade level.
- Freshman Calendar
- Sophomore Calendar
- Junior Calendar
- Senior Calendar (includes important dates and deadlines)
College Application Websites:
Click the following college links to begin your application/s:
College Application Deadlines:
Fall admissions for both UC and CSU are November 30
Private University application deadlines vary, please check schools website
College Essays and UC Personal Statement
- Click here for helpful tools and hints to writing a successful personal statement
MBHS School Code (CEEB & SAT): 052061
Getting Your SIS Code: See your counselor
Releasing Test Scores
- Remember to release your SAT or ACT scores to the schools planning to apply to for the following fall term. Go to College Testing Tab for answers
Requesting an Official Transcript from MBHS or sending to a College
- To request an official or unofficial transcript, simply email the MBHS School Registrar, Mrs. Rachelle Paris. Transcripts can be picked up before school, at nutrition/lunch, or after school in the Registrar's Office.
Letter of Recommendations
- Be sure to give your counselor or teacher a copy two weeks in advance so they are able to complete your letter of recommendation in a timely manner.
Senior Cuesta College Process:
- During the month of January counselors visit senior English classes to complete the Cuesta Application for the following fall
- SENIORS *SAVE THE DATE* CUESTA PROMISE DAY!
- Friday, October 20, 2017 San Luis Obispo Campus | 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- 2017-2018 Cuesta Promise
- Current seniors are eligible for one full year of free tuition Click here for the Cuesta Promise and General Scholarship Application
- To be eligible the student must complete the FASFA https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and the Cuesta Promise form.
- Seniors will be required to the take the English and Math placement tests in spring
- Dates TBA
- Ways of being EXEMPT from taking the placement tests refer to your SBAC test results sent to you the summer before starting your senior year. If your test results read "READY" no assessment is needed to be taken.
- Complete the online orientation by logging onto your myCuesta account and proceed to the online orientation. The online orientation MUST BE COMPLETED in order to attend in-person orientation and registration field trip.
- Seniors are encouraged to attend the field-trip in late spring to Cuesta College. During this time the student will be able to work with Cuesta College Counselors regarding classes for fall
- Dates TBA
Registering for Fall Classes
- Will take place in late spring/summer
- Dates TBA on the Cuesta College website