CCGI & Career
Improving college & career readiness and transition improves post-secondary success.
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) works to ensure that all 6th-12th grade students in California have access to a systematic baseline of guidance and support as they plan, prepare, and pay for post-secondary education and training.
CCGI has two overarching objectives:
- All high school seniors graduate with a thoughtful, well-informed, post-secondary plan.
- Students' academic transcript, unique identifier, and college and career planning data follow them in a manner that reduces information gaps that hinder student success.
Note: New users must register their student account.
What can you find on CCGI website:
- College search & A-G college entrance requirements
- Systems of Higher Education
- The college application process & admissions decisions
- Financial Aid
- Career Exploration
MBHS Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs:
SLCUSD has a strong commitment to Career and College readiness. Our Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs have industry sector pathways with a sequence of course offerings that are partnered with industries to teach rigorous and relevant career readiness skills. The program articulates with Cuesta College through department collaboration and dual enrollment opportunities to further provide students the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners.
2018 Career and College Ready Student of the year:
Other Career Resources:
- California Career Zone Register for an account with California CareerZone to customize your career exploration.
- Central Coast Apprenticeship Opportunities A union apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you like to work with your hands; are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years, depending on the trade you select; have dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team; want to earn a living wage and good benefits; and want the opportunity to advance in your career.